Re: B update and questions (long for most, usual for me)

To: <REwald9535@aol.com>, <dcouncil@imt.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: B update and questions (long for most, usual for me)
From: wizardz@maxinter.net
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:29:13 -0400
DON'T DO THIS AT HOME! STUPID BUT LUCKY!
short story... from experience.. only jack stands or 4x4 or 6x6
wood blocks are safe. Don't use cinder blocks!
in the seventies... after spending 3-5 hours under a VW BUG
rebuilding the front end and steering...
I heard a crunching sound.... What the....!
As I scambled to get out from under the front end...one of my
SOLID CORE cinder block stands crumbled and collapsed.
The bottom edge of one of the shock uprights on the twin tube
front end landed in the middle of my back pinning me under the
car for nearly 45 minutes. Just by chance one of my house mates happen
to stop by the garage as he arrived home from work. (Only because the side door
was open.) They were use to me being out there till all hours
and would not have thought twice about seeing what I was up to.
All I could do was pray the rest of the cinder block didn't crumble.
(the angle of the car...still one block on one side is all that kept the
metal from drilling all the way through my spine!)

Now adays... at minimum, metal jack stands, wood blocks, and a hydralic
jack are all under the car befor I'll ever put my body under there.

No fear... just still a very vivid memory of that 45 minutes... alone!

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blaze Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@maxinter.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm