RB 1974 1/2 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RB 1974 1/2 MGB
From: bburrows@webtv.net (Betty Burrows)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 16:24:52 -0400 (EDT)
I would be grateful if someone could answer questions re the 1974 1/2
rubber bumber MGB.  These questions do not pertain to chrome bumber cars
with rubber over riders, or to 1975 and newer cars.

In particular, the car about which I am asking has dual SU carbs.
Apparently not too many were made.

I have not seen the car, and it is a long trip for me.

Is there something about the bodywork of this particular car which makes
it easier than newer RB cars to convert to chrome bumpers?

Does this car have the increased body height (sit higher off the ground
than CB cars) which I am aware exists on 1975 and 1976 cars?

Does this car have the engine compartment modifications which are found
on newer RB cars?

I have found one of these cars and the price is reasonable, but I really
want a CB car.  I would only consider this car if it could be easily
converted to chrome, more easily than can a newer RB car.

Special thanks in advance for your assist on this.

Betty