RE: The VickyBrit Attitude.

To: "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: RE: The VickyBrit Attitude.
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:22:07 -0400

>  I've noticed a funny thing about this list.  If someone write a msg
> about how bad a certain parts business is, other people jump on the
> bandwagon about their bad experiences with the same business.  If
> someone writes about how GOOD a business is and nobody comments.

That's not a symptom of the list, it's a symptom of human tendencies.  We
all have a tendency to focus on the negatives rather than the positives in
life.

I've had good and bad experiences with just about every vendor I've worked
with, but none so bad that it's worth chastising them.  I don't order from
VB anymore for reasons of personal taste, the largest of which is that I
barely know what I'm doing when I'm ordering parts, and it's nice to have
someone who can let me know if my order doesn't make sense for what I'm
doing.  Moss and Proper MG have done this a few times for me on little
issues that would have cost me nothing but time.  However, time is more
costly of a commodity for me than a few bucks here or there.  I like the
Proper MG because their prices are generally significantly lower than the
big warehouses, they get the stuff to me fast, and they're very cooperative
if I have a problem.  Moss tends to be a bit more expensive, but they are
also a bit more efficient.  Also, SOME of Moss' parts seem to be of better
quality than comparable parts from VB.

Vendor selection is simply a matter of preference and experience.  These
places wouldn't have been in business as long as they have if they were
ALWAYS as terrible as some of the listers have related.  Every company has
dissatisfied customers, but nonetheless, those customers have a right to
gripe if they choose.  Again, it's more a matter of personal taste...how you
like to be treated...than a matter of "who's better than who".  Some folks
like hamburgers, others are vegitarians...know what I mean?

Best Regards,

=J=