Re: The VickyBrit Attitude.

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>, Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: The VickyBrit Attitude.
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:45:52
At 10:26 AM 6/16/99 -0500, Charley Robinson wrote:
>....  Why can't we focus on the GOOD things instead of dwelling on the bad?

Because the GOOD is expected to be the norm (I personally can't stand bad
parts or bad service), and because one awshit wipes out all attaboys, and
the second one is so irritating as to be cause for termination of any
further purchasing from that source.

On the bitchy side, V.B has repeatedly sent me parts that are obviously
substitutes and not suitable for the application except in dire emergency.
And their catalog always lists these parts as original, never any mention
of replacement type parts or what the difference might be.  I'm not real
keen on the delays and problems and extra shipping charges to return the
deviant merchandise.

On the bright side, they do seem to ship the orders promptly.  And they
have always accepted the returns and refunded the full price, even though
the catalog states otherwise.  I think the key is just having a good reason
why you're not satisfied with the parts.  And as long as you know in
advance that there is no technical help available there, then you will not
be disappointed by the lack thereof.

Occasionally they may have a critical part that no one else has, but more
often they don't supply everything that you may need.  Otherwise it's a
matter of business practice.  I think V.B. puts a higher priority on
keeping prices down (read that "keeping profits up") and keeping some
usable part in stock, and a lesser priority on quality or originality.

$.02,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg