Re: Hypothetical question

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hypothetical question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:41:08 -0700
Hmmmm, my understanding was that they were considering introducing
all-new models in the "spirit" of the B and the AH. They've already tried
reproducing the B with the RV8 and look how much that cost... I don't see
how you could "delete" $25,000 worth of content from the RV8 and have
anything left to sell. The expense is the labor of hand-assembling a body
shell that was not designed with modern, efficient, automated production
in mind. The only way you'll see a sub-$20,000 roadster again is if it's
designed sharing platform and components with a high volume sedan,
assembled by robots and sold in mass quantities (hmmm, what does that
sound like?).

Art Pfenninger had this to say:

--

Max Heim