RE: color of smog components

To: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Subject: RE: color of smog components
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:47:06 -0700
>From the used units I have seen and memory of original bits, I believe that
the smog rail and pump were painted at the same time the engine was, with
whatever color was used.  I believe the power units were assembled then
sprayed (poorly).

I have had at least 100 original smog rails pass my hands, none were
unpainted or plated.   The replacement, new units are cad plated and do look
pretty that way.

Kelvin.