Re: Steering column UJ

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering column UJ
From: John Walker <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 08:29:58 -0700
> I also found out
>that the rack and pinion is supposed to be filled with 80/90 weight gear oil
>and not grease - never looked at it b4 now. Funny that the grease nipple and
>rack was full of, yeah, grease. Hmm. Obviously previous Mechanics had been
>putting grease in there.

To clarify, the rack BOOTS are supposed to be filled with 90 weight.  The
rest
of the steering components are lubricated with grease.  I believe all of
the nipple
fittings are supposed to be filled with grease.  You might want to double
check
this with some of the more knowledgeable listers before you try and pump 90
weight
into any grease fittings or vise versa. :)

-JW

        John Walker
     john@rmartin.net
     drone@d23.com