Re: Trying to take off my steering wheel

To: "MG listerati" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trying to take off my steering wheel
From: "Lonn and Rhonda" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:04:57 -0700
I found that by using my knees behind the wheel and tapping the spindle with
a hammer I was finally able to break the grip of my old wheel.  Use the nut
to protect the threads and don't get neanderthal.  It will come off.
Usually all at once.  If you don't intend to keep the wheel, then you can
put considerable pressure on it with your knees.  Otherwise, be careful of
bending it or cracking it.

Good luck.