Re: Trying to take off my steering wheel

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trying to take off my steering wheel
From: SheppD@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:59:58 EDT
The biggest problem with the "Bigger Hammer" method is risking damage to the
steering column bearings.  I used this method once to remove the steering
wheel on a '69 GT only to find that the bearing race at the lower end was
held together with a plastic material.  Needless to say, it disintegrated and
needed to be replaced with a custom made part, as they are no longer
available (if they ever were).  Use care, or you could end up with bigger
problems than you started out with!

Doc