Re: ARGH those Suburbans

To: lundgren@iname.com
Subject: Re: ARGH those Suburbans
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:30:36 EDT
In a message dated 13/10/99 9:04:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lundgren@iname.com writes:

<<  My only regret with my Explorer is that it is too small.  (Max tow
capacity with the rear end I have is 3500lbs.  I could borrow a camper from
my parents, but it wieghs 3600 lbs.  With the other rear end it
 would tow 5000lbs.  A minivan won't do that...) >>

Agreed, for heavy duty towing, there is no substitute for a truck, but for
lighter duty, such as towing my MGA racecar, the Chrysler minivan works just
fine. I agree, BTW, that a four cylinder version is useless - you definitely
need a V6.
 The front wheel drive is also great in snow, and if you need it, 4WD
versions are available.

Bill