RE: sills and wheels

To: "Mgs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: sills and wheels
From: "Barnhart, Christopher" <BarnhartC@ioc.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:34:43 -0500
Max,

My 2 cents: I suspect that it has more to do with having to be careful with wire
wheels.  Seized spokes on a chrome wheel must be cut out and replaced (unless
your really lucky with penetrant). To replace a removed spoke you often need to
remove 2 or 3 others.  It tends to go downhill from there.  If a chrome wheel is
really bad your labor ahead to re-lace the entire wheel.  OTOH, You can loosen
seized nipples with heat on painted wheels then adjusted as necessary.  FWIW, I
true my own painted wheels - takes around 1-2 hours.  Sandblasting takes about
30 minutes.  Priming, painting and clearcoating takes about 30 minutes over 2-3
days.  Definitely not rocket science, just takes a healthy dose of patience.

Chris Barnhart
69 'B