Re: sills and wheels

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: sills and wheels
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:35:54 -0500
  Fisher Jones knows how to true wires.  I recently found that my spare
wheel
"wobbles."  So I asked Fisher about trueing it last time we went out
there to visit.  He asked me if I had a bunch of replacement spokes!  It
seems that many of the spokes will break when adjustment is attempted.
Frozen threads, y'see.  More cost effective to get a true, used wheel
from him than pay parts and labor to true the old one.  Ticks me off.  I
hate to throw things away.

  I have read about trueing wheels.  It seems that the short spokes
control the "roundness" and the long ones control the "wobble."  I'm
sure there's some interaction too.  I may take a shot at it myself.  I
have nothing to lose, after all.

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B