RE: sills and wheels

To: vscjohn@huntnet.net
Subject: RE: sills and wheels
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:22:36 -0700
John:

        To be honest, I havn't the faintest.  The wheels are licenced
Dunlop, so I would assume that they have some clue as to what they are
doing.  Customer satisfaction seems to be good after the changes in plating
and the tightening up of truing.  At this time Dayton and Dunlop are the
only games in town.  The Dayton's are a very nice wheel,   The wheels now
come with a fancy certificate that is signed by the q/c control that checked
the wheels.  Every now and then we do see a batch of warped wheels that come
back, mostly painted.  This could be due to poor packing in shipment from
India.  More often we find that the installer tweaks the wheel on the tire
machine.  We have sent way too many out to get checked, and find that the
wheels are tensioned correctly but have been tweaked.

Kelvin.