Re: Idle speed and timing

To: Tony Woodruff <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Subject: Re: Idle speed and timing
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:43:46 -0700
Word on the street is that Tony Woodruff said:
> The Haynes manual says that for my 1967 B the timing should be set to 14
>degrees advanced at 600 RPM with the vacuum advance disconnected.
>
> Does anybody else have a problem getting their car to even keep running at
>that low an idle speed?  I need my B to idle at least 1000 RPM to get any sort
>of smooth running out of the engine, and really 1500 is better.

My '66 purrs at 600 rpm.  I'd start looking for distributor shaft slop,
air leaks around the carbs, and maintenance parts that should have been
replaced a long time ago.

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375