Re: Idle speed and timing

To: lundgren@iname.com, mgs@autox.team.net, tonyw@mailmedia.com
Subject: Re: Idle speed and timing
From: Thames800@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:51:23 EDT
What is considered 1/4 race?  I have a 280 degree duration cam with about
.410 lift.  When I bought it I had my choice of cams..  270, 280, 290 degree
duration with various lifts.  I'v heard the term 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full race
cams but the grinders don't advertise there cams that way.  I'v always
wondered what thoes designations ment.  As far as Idle...  I cant seem to get
mine under 1000 either..  It has a real heavy lope much under that.  I'v been
playing with the carbs, put in #6 needles.  That seem to help a little.  I
also have a Maniflow header and exhaust with K&N filters.