Re: MGB Bumpers

To: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Bumpers
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 20:42:01 -0600
Carl French wrote:

> James H. Nazarian wrote:
> . You can expect this junk to show more rust
> > after just a couple of driving seasons than the 25 year old part it
>replaced.
> >

> I still would like to see the option of buying two levels of chrome. It
> would be nice for instance to Moss (or someone) sell either quality new
> chrome bits (which would probably cost twice as much as the other) or
> good rechrome of older units. Any one out there no someone like that?
> Carl

I've found over the years that having a bumper rechromed (regardless of the
damage
to it) by a reputable shop makes for a more economical deal.  When you get it
back
from the chrome shop it is a good idea to paint the inside surface w/ a good
silver
colored rust proofing paint.  The price of good chrome work has increased many
fold
over the years largely due to EPA restrictions, etc.
--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO