RE: Original MGB costs through the years...?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Original MGB costs through the years...?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:09:42 -0800
I remember sitting in a Limited Edition MGB at a dealership in Boulder Co.
I was waiting for the warranty replacement of my Austin Marina fuel tank.
The sticker on the window was almost $10,000.  I could not comprehend how
they could ask that much for a strangled, jacked up ghost of the earlier
cars.

It kind of felt good to drive off in my 74 Austin Marina, that I bought for
$2500 with 10,000 miles on it.  The Marina got me through college and into
many a TSD rally.  Very good value for money for a kid who lusted after
British cars, but needed a winterized, load carrying vehicle.  My Fender
Rhodes piano could be maneuvered into the back seat with a bit of grunting.

Kelvin.