Consumer Reports was Re: Corvairs and Ralph Nader

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Consumer Reports was Re: Corvairs and Ralph Nader
From: "danray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:19:01 -0500
I've always wondered about Consumer Reports' Objectivity. It's useful as one
source for making purchase decisions, but I take it with a grain of salt, as
any intelligent person should when reading or watching the media. They
happily give high marks to anything Toyota or Nissan, but talk to owners and
do your own survey of the Camry, and a different picture is formed. Same
with my '96 Chevy Tahoe (usually lots of black dots)-- it's been a lot more
reliable than my BMW, or my parents' Camry ever were!

Dan
73B