Re: Battery Size information needed. HELP!

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com
Subject: Re: Battery Size information needed. HELP!
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 07:40:42 -0500
Max,
  Ed's reference was to the possibility that the steel tie-down bar could
contact a terminal and the chassis. This could happen if the nuts were to
work loose, the clamp bars enlarge the hole in the battery box or for
other reasons described in Mr. Murphy's handbook.  Since we all intend to
check the battery regularly, and do it every 2-3 years as required, Ed's
issue is valid.
  I've seen fabric straps used to fasten the battery to the battery box.
In my GT, the battery is secured with three polypropylene ropes tied
around battery and box, cinched up with a rolling hitch.  Polypro is less
affected by battery fumes than other ropes.
Bob

 18:40:44 -0800 Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com> writes:
> I didn't suppose he was referring to battery post contact to body
> (although that is a possibility), but to an electrical short
> elsewhere in
> the system which could cause a conflagration, in response to which
> one
> would wish to quickly disconnect the battery ground cable.
>
> But on that subject, what "battery hold down" options are available
> for
> retrofitting early B's with a larger 12V battery?
>
> JustBrits@aol.com had this to say:
>Geeeez, Dave?!?!?  Does this mean that you are not putting Battery
> Retainer Bars(er, modern lingo = Electrical Storage Devise Retention
Devise)