RE: Battery Size information needed-re cutoff switch

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Battery Size information needed-re cutoff switch
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:31:21 -0800
Bill -
Umm, wouldn't your radio lose its presets either way; i.e. no matter
which side of the circuit was interrupted? And if not, then I would think
the battery cut-off was not being effective, in that devices could still
draw power and the battery could still go flat.

But I also question this statement, which seems to contradict the
previous advice about the cut-off switch. I mean, one is always advised
to disconnect the chassis ground when working on the engine. So I would
think the chassis ground line is where the cut-off switch should be
located.

Bill Saidel had this to say:

--

Max Heim