RE: Battery Size information needed-re cutoff switch

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Battery Size information needed-re cutoff switch
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:16:01 -0500
Two things:

Not disputing the point, but I was always told to put the switch on the
ground side.  What is the reason for sayng it should be on the
non-ground?

A good way to keep the radio presets from going away is to wire a VERY
low value fast-acting in-line fuse across the switch.  You open the
switch, and power is available to keep the presets alive through the
fuse.  Anything starts drawing real power (even a dome light bulb, if
you put in a low enough value fuse) and the fuse blows and the circuit
is open.  Another way is to have a 9 volt battery wired to a cigarette
lighter plug.  Plug that in to the cigarette lighter just before
throwing the switch.  9 volts is enough to keep the presets alive.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net