RE: '75 MGB for sale

To: stecz@Crossroads.com (John Steczkowski), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: '75 MGB for sale
From: bburrows@webtv.net (Bruce Burrows)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:38:43 -0500 (EST)
I'm not gonna pick on you personally here, John.  I will not even
reproduce your original post.  Suffice it to say John has a nice MGB for
sale.  He wrote an ad and posted it to the list.

But like _countless_ other MG ads I read, John's original ad did not
indicate the _location_ of the car.  This failure (in general, not
John's in particular) is a pet peeve of mine.  Probably like many others
here I read "MG for sale" ads everywhere.  All too often the seller does
not mention a location.  Frequently we are given only a telephone number
and left to determine location for ourselves using the area code.  Damn
that is a nuisance!  How can sellers not understand this??

I am respectful some buyers will travel anywhere in the country to buy.
Perhaps a few cast a worldwide net.  But am I not correct that location
is of critical importance to most buyers?  Often we incorrectly ascribe
our thoughts and beliefs to others.  It just makes life easier, I guess.
So perhaps I am just plain wrong, and most others are simply uncaring
regarding the location of a prospective MG purchase.   I would be
curious to know.

For myself I can't tell you how many juicy deals I have had to pass up
because the seller was too far away.  There is another thread running
even as I write this which highlights the high cost of transporting
heavy items over distance.  Today's gasoline costs in the USA only add
to this situation.  Location of the car being sold relative to one's
home base is important IMO.

But I would be curious to know how other posters view distant purchases.
How important an issue is it for you?

Regardless of whether my personal feelings are on target or not, I
implore sellers PLEASE to indicate the location of the car they wish to
sell.  It IS of key importance, at least to some of us.