Re: Goodbye

To: "Rocky Frisco" <rock@rocky-frisco.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Goodbye
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:57:41 +1000
Rocky,

There are things you can do about this. Firstly contact your ISP. I presume
you are receiving Emails privately, not just on the newsgroups (which you
can ignore). If this is the case your ISP can track down the offenders and
contact their ISP's and who MUST shut the accounts down. They have a legal
obligation to do this, so don't back down, get these scumbags. Once
identified, the ISP can also completely block mail from specific domains and
accounts, so you won't have to worry about receiving mail from those
accounts again.

Ed was correct that you can contact your local police, FBI etc. We have the
Federal Police here in Australia and they take this sort of thing very
seriously these days even contacting respective organisations
internationally for assistance if the abuse is coming from overseas. In
fact, I would imagine the FBI will have a special Computer Crimes squad that
will specifically handle this type of crime. The Internet is no longer a
lawless place, so first go via your ISP, give them 3-4 days to work out who
and where it's coming from and what ISP to call. If that doesn't work call
the Feds - don't be worried to do that as I say, they take it very
seriously.

Whatever you do, stay on the mailing list, everyone here is behind you. I
ran an ISP for the last 4 years, so if you need any specific advice, don't
hesistate to ask.

Cheers,
Neil
--