Re: Cleaning a slimy engine prior to painting.

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <Lundgren@iname.com>
Subject: Re: Cleaning a slimy engine prior to painting.
From: Elliott DeGraff <degraff@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 20:24:04 -0400
Andrew,
Pick up a can or two of "Gunk" from any auto parts store.  Spray it on
the entire engine (tape over spots you don't want to get water in) and
let it sit for a half hour.  Then hose off with the garden hose.  It
works best if the engine is warm, but it works well. You could roll the
engine out in the sun on a warm day, and that would help.  If it doesn't
all come off, let the engine dry and repeat.

Elliott DeGraff
2 71Bs