Re: Upcoming weekend

To: mgrick@ptd.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Upcoming weekend
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 22:06:47 EDT
In a message dated 05/25/2000 6:43:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
mgrick@ptd.net writes:

<<
 The first order of the day is to raise the flag on my flagpole to half
 staff >>

Now that is EXACTLY what I have come to expect from "yahoos" on this list,
Rick.

<<and then at noon raise it to full staff.  How many of you are
 aware of this bit of flag etiquette for Memorial day?

Apparently NOT you!!  "Flag etiquette"??  You have "none"!!!!

Respect and etiquette for the Flag of The United States of America (and any
others I can think of) IS:

"Raise to full staff and dip to half-mast as determined by event requiring
recognition". (as best as this OF can remember from the Blue Jackets' Manual).

To the best of my knowledge you ARE correct on the re-raise "...at noon...".

Ed