Re: Separating tie rod from steering rod

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Separating tie rod from steering rod
From: Kimo Tichgelaar <77MGB@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 08:18:05 -0700 (PDT)
I just ruined the rubber boot on mine with a tie rod seperator.  A friend
suggested (and I haven't had a chance yet to try) the following procedure:
Hold a hammer against the top of the tie rod end above the bolt.  Strike the
bolt end with another hammer.  Claims that it can shock the taper just
enough to pop out the tie rod end.  I'll let you know if it works.

Kimo Tichgelaar
"A man with a good car needs no justification/
Fate is in my hands, and in my transmission."
     -Gang of Four