Re: Garage tools

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage tools
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:30:27 -0500

On Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:03:06 -0700 Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net> writes:

> > >ADD:
> > >Adjustible box wrench (I got mine way before the 'pocket socket')
> This is carried in my TD which has Whitworth fasteners. It was a
> necessity at the time because PO had used some SAE fasteners, and
> I had to use some metric fasteners to get the proper thread
> pitch.  I also was having problems finding Whitworth wrenches
> because I didn't know where to look.  ( 1967, age 20, never heard
> of Moss, just the local parts houses)  I didn't want to have to
> carry THREE sets of tools.

I bought a set of those Metrinch tools and throw them into the MGA and
the Jaguar when traveling.  I also am using them on the TD restoration
and expect to throw them in that car when driving it.  They have their
drawbacks, but they will fit SAE, Metric (some on the Jag) and Whitworth
in a pinch.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII