Re: MGB Tonneau

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Tonneau
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:40:49 -0700
Probably the little springie-thingie (technical term) in the female half
has worn out. You can lever up the folded over tangs with a small
screwdriver and a needlenose pliers to remove it, and reverse the
process, possibly also using a hammer and punch, to replace it. This is
for a "Lift The Dot" fastener. The button type fasteners are riveted
through the center -- you can drill them out or just pry them apart
violently. The kits for installing them are common at hardware stores.

John A. Walker had this to say:

--

Max Heim