Re: the passing of american mechanics

To: barrier@bconnex.net, cessna@speakeasy.org, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the passing of american mechanics
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:12:00 EDT
barrier@bconnex.net writes:

<< My experience is different.  I took my MGB GT to a "chain"oil change place.
 They looked at it and said "Wow we'll treat you right".. They made sure
 they had the right filter and lordy lordy they did!!  They were quick and
 pleasant and said it was a pleasure to change oil on a car that wasn't
 covered in pipes, wires, covers, A/C, and that messy stuff. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We have a Mobil Oil quick-change place near me, in Willow Grove, PA.  It used
to be Texaco.  The owner is a nice guy who is always there.  He has a team of
dedicated young people working for him, and they do a good job.  They are
always polite and seem to know what they are doing, and the owner keeps them
in line.  That seems to be the key to a successful business.

I took my Mitsubishi there for years, until I switched to Mobile One.  Then
it got too expensive to have someone else do it.  He charges $4.00 per quart
over his regular price, so it went from $28 to $48.

He also has good discounts on other services like an auto tranny flush and
fill, and injector cleaning.  I would go to him for those services for the
Mitsu.  His shop was given an award for being one of the top ten in the
country by Texaco.

These shops aren't all bad, and I would recommend this one for anyone who
needs this kind of work and doesn't want to do it themselves.  If you don't
have a good recommendation from friends and are trying a new shop, keep your
eyes and ears open.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget