Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:03:48 -0400
> Was there a revolution (in thinking perhaps) while I wasn't looking? Has
> America become an armed camp (some would say it always was, I
> suppose)? Or is it just coincidence that two car manufacturers, both
> interestingly offshore ones, have suddenly begun marketing these models >
that focus on guns?

> Anyone have an opinion - I'd really be interested to hear what Americans >
and non-Americans both have to say on the subject.

> Bill

This is not a new phenomenon.  In the early 1970s, AMCO, would advertise
center consoles for MGs and Triumphs.  For the American market, these
advertisements would feature a hand gun in the 'bin' of the center console.
I think my exact thoughts at the time was also "how American".

Safeties Off,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
1974 Triumph TR-6S (as in supercharged!)