Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?

To: vscjohn@huntnet.net
Subject: Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:43:36 EDT
In a message dated 7/28/00 6:13:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
vscjohn@huntnet.net writes:

> Ah Bill, I can't believe that with all of the neat toys at your disposal
you
> want
>  to get off into this tar pit.  Never one to pass up really smelly bait,
I'll
> get
>  out on the limb and start sawing.

Actually, John, I am a bit surprised that I get the sort of answer I have. I
was really focussing on the juxtaposition of guns with cars, not looking for
a justification of any particular viewpoint on guns per se (down that road
lies inevitable disagreement).

So let's drop the gun discussion, and get back to the original question -
guns AND cars, and does it help marketing, is it unique to the States, is it
a mistaken attempt on the part of foreign manufacturers misreading American
psychology - that sort of thing.

I did NOT want to turn this group to a fruitless discussion of guns, believe
me. The use of firearms to promote cars. happening twice in one month in the
press was what got me wondering.

Bill