Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@mis.net>
Subject: Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?
From: Carl Elliott <grunt2@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 19:23:59 -0400
AS in Sweeden and Finland, The People are the army. But the wepon's
packages are yearly inspected by the Govt. guys. I was raised with
Rifles , Shotguns. I own a few I don"t hunt.
I do target shoot a few times a year.  I raised my kids so they would
know the proper handleing of firearms. I will do this with my
grandchildren as soon as they are ready. Firearms are a great hobby. But
proper handling is a must. Just like Cars. In the Us last Year 700,000
Doctors accidently Killed an estimated 120,000 people with improper
treatment and wrong medication.
The 120,000,000  gun owners had 1200 accidental deaths with guns. You
are 10,500 more likly to die at the hands of a doctor than a gun. Sorry
Doc's but thats the gov. stats. Carl E.