Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 10:55:53 -0500
Bill,

  Let's see, a European car maker, presumably hired a European ad agency
to do an ad campaign.  Car and driver did an article on a European car
maker's armored limo.  You extrapolate from there and see those
unconnected events as social commentary on USA culture.  Quite a leap
from my point of view.

  But to answer the question, firearms and cars/trucks have played a
major role in shaping the present cultures on the North American
continent.  If the populace of the original 13 states hadn't been armed
there never would have been a USA.  The automobile made us a mobile
population when Henry Ford rolled out the tin lizzie.  Fascination?  I'm
a gun owner but I'm not fascinated by the things.  Cars?  Hmmm, I
suppose I might be charmed by my LBC but not by cars in general.  I have
other hobbies.

  Is that an answer?

  CR