Re: @#$%& Transmission

To: "Chris Attias" <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>,
Subject: Re: @#$%& Transmission
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:40:28 -0700
Bummer, man. Just a thought -- are you sure it isn't the clutch losing
pressure? That can make it tough to shift gears. Probably not, though...

Mike O'Connor probably still has my old 3-synchro tranny sitting around
his shop in Santa Clara. At least he didn't seem to think there was much
demand for it when he took it off my hands. It was for a 5-main, though
(1966)... but can it be converted? Anyway, it worked fine in all gears,
just was getting a little noisy. I only replaced it because a 4-synchro
OD transmission appeared when I was in there buying parts for a clutch
job, and the engine/tranny was already out.

Chris Attias had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149