Re: Not Just a Gust of Wind

To: Eckersmg@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Not Just a Gust of Wind
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:22:18 -0500
At 08:06 PM 9/10/2000 EDT, Eckersmg@aol.com wrote:
>.... 69 MGB GT.  When I let off on the gas quickly the car does a quick
sideways wiggle like it was hit by a gust of wind.  This wiggle also occurs
when I quickly accelerate while the car is moving. ....

>Of course this just occurred after I replaced the rear leaf springs, so ....

So the u-bolts holding the springs to the axle are not tight enough, and
one end of the axle is moving fore and aft with accelleration changes,
effectively inducing a steering angle at the rear.  Tighten the u-bolts and
it should be okay.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg