RE: Not Just a Gust of Wind

To: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>, <Eckersmg@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Not Just a Gust of Wind
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:14:57 -0600
You need to tighten the u-bolts with a load on the wheels.  So jack up the car
and then sit it back down on a sturdy support so the wheels have the full weight
of the car on them.  Make sure the nuts are the type designed for u-bolts.  They
are much longer than the typical nut.

If you find you need new u-bolts ones, you can just run over to your local
spring shop and they can make them up while you wait.

Larry Hoy