Re: Petrol problems in Europe

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Petrol problems in Europe
From: "Walt Goddard" <waltcpa@sierra.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:50:57 -0700
Shows that state taxes are quite different.  Here in Nevada, the Fed
tax is 18.4 cents per gallon (I would guess that is the same in all
states) and the state tax is 23 cents and the county is 5 cents (in my
county - others are 10 cents but all are at least 5 cents).  So for
every gallon of gas sold, governments get at least 46.4 cents.  Pretty
lucrative for them, heh?

Walt Goddard
waltcpa@sierra.net