Charge indicator light

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Charge indicator light
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 09:23:32 -0600 (MDT)
Over the weekend I replaced the bulb in the charge indicator light and
converted to the three prong later MGB connector to fit my alternator.
Everything is well, and I get 14 volts above 1k rmp, except that I get a
dim glow in the charge light.  During the day I can't see it, but at night
is it definately noticable as it is just a bit dimmer than the high beam
light.  Could this be showing that my battery is almost dead?  I think it
is about 12 years old and I don't entirely trust it, lately.  I know it
suggests my alternator, but as stated I show 14 volts on my voltmeter when
driving.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT ever so slowly turning into a V8
'63 Buick 215

"Given a conflict, Murphy's law supercedes Newton's."
-Anon

"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics."
-Fletcher Knebel