RE: Charge indicator light

To: James.Nazarian@colorado.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Charge indicator light
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 16:50:42 -0400
I had this as well before my GT was restored.
I took the alternator apart and measured all diodes.
These werer allright, but the brushes allthough in good shape did not fit
into their respective shafts (right word?). This came from lots of dirt.
Just cleaning did the job!

Runs very well! No dim light anymore.
Measuring 14V does not mean a thing.
The voltmeter showing 14V might still mean the voltage shape is not a full
sinus wave, but an erratic shape due to poor contacts.

Cheers,

Hans