Re: Engines, and assorted nonsense.

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engines, and assorted nonsense.
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 16:01:54 -0600
Well, Blake pretty much wrote my sentiments. I'd stick with stock
arrangements except for building the engine to 67 specs like Blake said.
That is how I rebuilt the 18V engine in my 71BGT - I used the higher
compression pistons used in the 67 engine rather than the low compression
18V pistons, put in the dual chain/timing gears, the earlier distributer. I
did use a higher profile cam by Isky but it failed within the first 10,000
miles so I put in a stock cam. The car runs quite well, as it should - some
acceleration although not overpowering.

David