Re: Engines, and assorted nonsense.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engines, and assorted nonsense.
From: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 20:21:18 -0400
OK, OK, you caught me. Poor terminology. I typed that as I was sitting
listening to a droning speakerphone, pretending to be a valid part of a
pointless conference call.

Perhaps I should have said "I understand that better airflow can be a good
thing, and I think the DCOE's do that, dont they?" I'm not as fluent at the
weber lingo yet. I've never DRIVEN a carbureted car before, let alone owned
one. That's what happens when you get your license in 1985 in a family with
no older cars.

I tell you, I love this list, I can send an email before I leave work, and
have ten responses before I get home.

I got alot of good comments from alot of people. Yes, I am guilty of "MORE
IS BETTER" americanism. That sick "While I'm in here" mentality is probably
not the best thing for my first go around.

Larry Hoy suggested that if I wanted zip, essentially, flogging the four
cylinder horse was an exercise in futility, That I should Go V8. I've been
surfing the web reading about conversions, Including Roger Parker's page at
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/v8_conversions/rogv8.html. Since he suggests people
wanting a chrome bumpered v8 buy a rubber bumper car and convert the
bumpers, I think that's a bit more work than I had in mind.

So I think I'm going to do what seems to be a common thread in responses and
take this engine to 67 specs. Now, can someone elaborate for me exactly what
that means?

-Chris

P.S. - Bentley manual and the Burgess book are on order and will be here
shortly.

| Chris Thompson                                      ct@cthompson.com |
| 1973 MGB                                    http://cthompson.com/mg/ |