Re: MGF a "classic mid-engine/rear wheel design??"

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGF a "classic mid-engine/rear wheel design??"
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 13:29:41 -0700
If you want to discuss the visual aspects, I think the MGA could have been a
little better, even though I own one a like most of the styling.  The profile is
fine, but the front quarter shot isn't.  I feel the grill area has to much of a
slope.  I prefer the front end treatment as used on the Healey 100's.  The
grill, trying to emulate the old midget series. just doesn't work real well.
The ZA/ZB is alot better are the MGB's with the grill surround.  The rear is a
little pinched to.  If they'd used something more like the Healey again, they
would also have gotten a little more space in the boot.

My brother had a TR-3A.  It wasn't bad from the front, but the headlignts!  I
drove it some.  While very torquey, I felt it didn't have the handling or ride
that even my TD has.  It seemed crude verses refined when compared to the MGA.

Blake