Re: MGF a "classic mid-engine/rear wheel design??"

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGF a "classic mid-engine/rear wheel design??"
From: "kingwj" <kingwj@del.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 14:28:03 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Bullwinkle
Date: Sunday, October 15, 2000 1:57 PM

><<<snip>>>
>>  a no-frills simple sporty car
><<<snip>>>

.  A help would be to provide a CD ROM program and hook up
>kit so the home mechanic could run his own diagnostics using a PC.  That
>probably would never happen as the Feds and manufacturer wouldn't want any
work
>done on the cars by non-certified people.  To much litigation or
>changing/altering of specs wouldn't make them happy.
>
>Blake

It's already there on all cars made from 1996.  It's called OBDII for on
board diagnostics II.  OBDI was the flashing lights.  OBDII uses a
connection to a PC to download and reset error codes.  I have the software
for my newer stuff and it works great.  Tells you exactly which little
sensor or module is misbehaving.  I got mine from Ease (www.easesim.com) but
I'm sure there are other vendors out there.   They also have a module you
can plug in and check up on your kids driving style.  It allows monitoring
of speed, RPM, throttle position, mileage, and the times and dates a vehicle
is being driven.  Glad my dad didn't have that option in the early 70's.

Bill