Re: MGF a "classic mid-engine/rear wheel design??"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGF a "classic mid-engine/rear wheel design??"
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 15:01:55 EDT
In a message dated 10/15/00 11:27:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Well, I guess I also have to mention that classic Jensen Interceptor -
>  front engine - all wheel drive!

This is almost too picky to bother mentioning, but the 4WD Jensen was
referred to by the factory as a an "FF", and was therefor technically not an
Interceptor. In fact, they did not share the frame, suspension. front body,
or much of the driveline with the regular Interceptor, although they
certainly were an offshoot of it, and retained the appearance. The first FF
was a prototype of the devilishly attractive CV-8 (I'm biased - there's one
sitting in my driveway), but that car seems to have disappeared.

BTW, Ferguson also did a one-off conversion on another car I own - a TVR.
There was one 4WD Ford engined TVR, although what happened to it, I know not.
The TVR is also technically a front/mid engine model - the entire engine on
mine is behind the front wheel hub axis.

Bill