Re: Maintaining the Breed, a dilema (long)

To: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>, Emgeeguy@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Maintaining the Breed, a dilema (long)
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:23:05 -0800 (PST)
Mike, guess I missed your point on shows versus preventing/limiting these
types of mod in the first place. I think there is zero chance of the
latter happening. The important thing is to educate people to the heritage
and history of these cars so they can make an intelligent choice. I would
hate to be the guy in your scenario who bought a TD with a Volvo engine
and didn't find out till he went to a show...! You're always going to have
a split between those that enjoy their cars as-is and those that look at
it and think 'Boy, I really like this car but what if...?'. Personally, I
only have experience with B's so can't comment on the 'driveability' of
earlier cars.

Here is an interesting story - I also subscribe to the Morgan's list,
since I would like to own one of those someday. In a recent thread
discussing the merits of various steering racks (!) the comment was made
'The MG guys would never use a non-MG rack as they are more "purists" than
us"!! I got a real kick out of that.

>From snowy Poughkeepsie, NY.....

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
'76 MGB Tourer - Brooklands Green - My Driver!
'65 Pull-handle MGB Tourer - faded Tartan Red - My Project!
NAMGBR #5-2328