Re: Maintaining the Breed, a dilema (long)

To: "Leckstein" <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: Maintaining the Breed, a dilema (long)
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 01:58:15 -0500
I have restored (with my bare hands but no cows) a bugeye and
etype. Both are concours winners, and are also frequently driven -
it can be done.

In each case published guidelines and the marking sheets used by
the 'qualified' judges are made available to the restorer. My
local Jag concours day also invites entries into a separate club
class in which the same judges officially mark 'driven' cars in a
less rigorous manner. Most other LBC events, meets etc are
spectator choice awards where anything goes.

I have just picked up an MGA restoration project and have been
told that there is no concours standard for the MGA. Is this true?

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug