Re: Maintaining the Breed, a dilema (long)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maintaining the Breed, a dilema (long)
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@vniles.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:01:54 -0600
>Those interested in "perfect" cars might want to establish a concours event
within the show.  Those cars could be judged
> separately.
>
> As I read what I have just written, I guess I'm saying why does it have to
be one way or the other?  Maybe at shows you ask the
> participant if they want to be judged by popular vote or be in the
concours event???

> Larry Hoy

I would have to second that feeling, Larry. I think that it would be nice to
have a perfect car, but I would rather have one I could enjoy driving. I
think the concept of a separate concours competition to satisfy the trailer
queens would be fine by me. I don't have to worry about winning any of those
things with my MGs, but to have an MG that was too nice to drive in a club
rally seems the ultimate in wasted money to me!