RE: MG 2001

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Edwin McCarroll"
Subject: RE: MG 2001
From: "Gordon Bird" <gordonbird@flashmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:35:52 -0500
Hey Edwin, how 'bout joining us Michigan Rowdies on the ferry across from
Ludington Michigan?  Splits up the trip, and allows the better halves some
time outside of the cockpit.  Also avoids that Chi-town mess.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'80 MGB LE
'86 Audi 4kq

> Oh ye of little faith!    Our group has been discussing this trip
> to Minn-St.Paul .   The MGCGT's and B's are looking to travel the
> quickest and shortest route from NW Ohio to Minn. a distnce of
> approx. 650 miles one way.   The MGA's and T's are looking for a
> route which obviates the Chicago area by skirting further south
> and heading NW.   We are not sure of the added mileage and time
> but estimate an additional 80 -90 miles each way.   The latter
> are viewing the prospect with some trepidation .   While the fun
> is in getting there, unhappiness is in not getting there and
> several drivers , while their cars have not let them down on
> shorter trips, are evaluating the risks of a serious problem
> stranding them in the middle of nowhere without good help and
> parts source.    There will be no back-up vehicles.   An
> overnight stay will split the trip.   Some of the wives who will
> make the trip do not relish spending the best part of two days in
> primitive driving comfort.   What will i!
> t take to generate some enthusiasm .    Any suggestions for
> instilling faith in these doubting Thomas'?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list