Re: Overdrive swap

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Overdrive swap
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 08:51:33 -0500
Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:

>   Did you do it?  I was wondering if one should use a slo-blo fuse.
>
>   CR

Slo-blo fuses are designed for applications that produce a surge of
current before they reach their running current.  Typically, this means
motors and solenoids.  They should not be used where trouble happens
quickly and surges are signs of trouble, not SOP.  I would think that
a slo-blo fuse in an overdrive activation circuit is appropriate.  Lucas
would probably addressed the problem by just using a BIGGER regular
quick acting fuse.

--
Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research