Re: Competition, was: New Arrival (soon)

To: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>, "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Competition, was: New Arrival (soon)
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:17:15 -0500
Hi Ken,
   Absolutely no flame intended.  I am just a total car lover and can't
get too down on any marque.  I even love the odd balls like the Fiat X1/9!
I do agree that there is a lot of competition and perhaps it's not as
healthy
as we would like to believe.  I'm a little sensitive here.  Please read on.
   In Tulsa, there is an Alfa Romeo club.  They are happy to include
our Ferraris in their track events but certainly look down their noses
at us as "rich boys who don't deserve what we've got."  If they only
knew that we're all the same...

best,

rick

> Rick, maybe I wasn't clear.  The MG clubs I affiliate with have no problem
> with me bringing my TR6 to the events, in fact the last event I attended
> with the TR6 I had a Big Bend MG Club magnet on the hood.  What I meant
was
> that there are MG events coming up that I would like to have an MG to
> participate in.  I enjoy participating in Triumph events in the TR6.  When
> it comes to British Car events, I'll drive the TR6 and let my SO drive the
> MG.  I like British Cars, period.  Heck, I even imported my SO from
> Scotland!
>
> Ken

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list